Lake McKenzie Eco Hike - 2 Days
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: URANGAN, QLD
- Product code: ECOMcK2D
Enjoy a great Eco Hiking Adventure on K’gari (Fraser Island) with a four wheel drive transfer that takes you to the central rainforest and ancient Wangoolba Creek. Camp at Lake Boorangoora (McKenzie) and swim at the secret hikers beach. Get in touch with the real spirit of World Heritage K’gari as you walk along sand tracks under ancient Rainforest trees. Concerned about preserving this unique environment? Be assured that by choosing our Eco Hike you’ve played your part in helping preserve World Heritage Fraser Island for future generations as we’ve off set your carbon footprint to make this a truly Eco experience!
Day 1- 8AM Hiker Information Session, Hiking gear, 4WD transfer to Central Station - hike (approx. 6.5km) to Lake McKenzie
Day 2 - Morning at Lake Mckenzie - hike 8-13km to Kingfisher Resort to meet 4wd transfer by 4:30PM
- Hiker information and safety briefing, barge and 4wd transfer, hiking equipment (hiking gas cooker, Billy, bowls cups etc) including 2 person tent, sleeping mat, maps and itineraries.
- Hikers camp permits $7 per person per night (included)
- Minimum 2 people - Maximum 6 people
- 70L backpacks
What you'll need:
- Shoes suitable for walking
- Sense of adventure; as the hiking part of this trip is self-guided
- Food not provided with this hike, bring your own light weight options
- A bond of $150 for hiking equipment supplied
- Torch, water purification tabs, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, 1.5lt bottle to carry water.
- Sleeping bags and rain jackets available for hire $10 each