Coast to Coast HIKE Adventure - 3 Day
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: URANGAN, QLD
- Product code: COASTH3D
This adventure lets you experience the true natural beauty of Fraser Island!
Island and is one of the only businesses that can provide a 4wd transfer to the trails to start your hike.
Moderate fitness needed - Adventure Hikers carry a 70Lt hiking packTake a Hike on Fraser Island (Kgari’s) Great Walk tracks. This is 3 day 2 night adventure hiking from East to West coast of Fraser Island.
Have a real adventure and experience Fraser Islands diverse landscape! Seeing the best of K'gari's spectacular towering rainforest, pristine freshwater lakes, amazing sand blows, with great views.
About the Trip:
- Day 1 – 8AM Hiker meeting at our office, trip notes, organise gear load packs on transfer vehicle. We provide a 4wd transfer from Hervey Bay via the 10:15AM barge to the Eastern Beach of Fraser Island. Begin your walk into Lake Wabby Hikers camp from a Great Walk access point. (approx 4km)
- Day 2 - Depart Lake Wabby 7/8AM - Walk approx 12km or challenge yourself to 22km option - Hike through untouched rainforest and old growth eucalypt forest to Lake McKenzie (Lake Boorangoora).
- Day 3 - Depart Lake McKenzie approx 12pm - hike 8/13KM to Kingfisher Resort to meet 4wd transfer 4:30PM for 5Pm barge departure. 4wd transfer back to meeting point or hostel pickup.
Return Barge and 4wd transfer to the Eastern Beach of Fraser Island
All hiking equipment: compact gas cooker, billy (POT), bowls, cutlery, 2 person tent, sleep mats, small emergency
torch, maps and trip notes. Camp Permits and 70 LT hikers backpack.Things to Note:
Sleeping bags and rain jackets can be hired for an extra $10 per item.
Credit card imprint required for use of all hiking equipment, you need minim of $150 available on your credit card.
Driving the 4wd is not permitted sorry
Bring your own food (no food provided, but we can help you with ideas), comfortable walking shoes and 1.5 lt. water bottle
Minimum numbers required to run the tour (min 2 – max 6)
- This is a 3 day / 2 night Fraser Island hiking adventure (self-walk) with a 4wd transfer from the barge on the west coast to the Lake Wabby trail head.
- Suitable for people with an average fitness level - moderate walking distances covered.
- Due to safety we do not encourage solitary walkers; walks will only run with a minimum of 2 people.
- Meet at our office at 8:00am for a 10:15am barge departure.
Accommodation pickups available from major Torquay Rd hostels at 715am
This is the best value 3 day / 2 night Fraser Island experience!
THIS PACKAGE ONLY RUNS SEASONAL - FROM MARCH OR APRIL TO SEPTEMBER OR OCTOBER