Pack-free Accommodated: Blue Lakes Eco Hike - 3 Days (Beach house)
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: URANGAN, QLD
- Product code: PFA_BLUE3D
* EXPERIENCE HIKING DIFFERENTLY, STAY IN ACCOMMODATION! *A pack-free accommodated hike is a guided hiking experience that allows hikers to see the great outdoors, yet be able to enjoy amenities. This hike lets you enjoy the best experiences of Fraser Island Hiking, while also enjoying convenient 4WD transfers, accommodation and gourmet meals. Pack-free hiking is a new initiative that Fraser Island Hiking has established in order to offer a exclusive, premium hiking option for Fraser Islands Great Walk.
- Stay in a beach house with amenities (running water, hot showers, beds, toilets).
- See major sites along the Fraser Island Great Walk hiking track
- Fully supported hike, including a lot of food/ water/ drinks/ snacks
- Gourmet snacks and nibbles, including wine/ beer!
- Detailed information and maps, hiker info/ safety briefing/ itineraries
- You ONLY carry a small day bag
- Average 10km walking each day
- 4WD transfer (pick up and drop off) every morning and afternoon
- Minimum 6 people per hike (if you have booked less than 6 people then you may be added to a group of other smaller groups).
DAY 1 - 8.3km
- Transfer to the island in private 4WD transfer
- Lake Boomanjin, Lake Benaroon, Lake Birrabeen
- Packed lunch
DAY 2 - 10.8km
- Cooked lunch at central station
- Basin Lake, Lake McKenzie,
- Cheese and wine platter at sunset!
DAY 3 - 11.3km
- Pile Valley walk
- Packed lunch
- Lake Wabby lookout and swimming at Lake Wabby
- Transferred via. Kingfisher back to Hervey Bay
- Luxury meals and drinks (2 continental breakfasts, 3 gourmet lunches, 2 luxury cooked dinners, snacks and nibbles, complimentary red/ white wine or beer with dinner), water will be available to fill your bottle from each night.
- Healthy, energy snack packs while you walk
- Cheese platters
- Round trip barge and 4WD transfer
- Accommodation in a beach house (hot water, showers, toilets, beds, insect screens).
- Detailed information and personal guide - hiker information, safety briefing, maps and itineraries, hikers camp permits included.
- Vehicle parking and storage of larger bags at our office.
- Phone reception at accommodation (no wifi) and electricity available.
WHAT TO BRING
- Suitable walking/ hiking shoes
- Overnight bag to leave at the accommodation - this should be a small bag containing belongings you will need when you return to the accommodation. This could include: warm overnight clothes, personal belongs, pack towel (easy drying), spare change of clothes, phone charger, toiletaries etc. No suitcases - soft bags only.
- Day pack with essentials - you will carry this as you walk, this could include: camera, phone, swimmers/pack towel, torch, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, largereusable water bottle to carry water during the day approx. 1.5lts.